Beauty for Ashes

Sunday, January 14, 2007

tire swing


Does this tree look like an old man leaning over with his hands on his hips, or am I crazy?
Sometimes I suspect that there is an inherent significance peeking over my shoulder. Like even the little things that I don't even really think about mean something that is just beyond my understanding. I found this feeling to be most strong today as Marshall, Britty, and I went about the business of swiping a tire, buying a rope, and hanging it from a tree on public probperty. I couldn't help but wonder how long that tire is going to hang there, overlooking Boone there on that stone terrace. I wonder, will my children swing on this one day? Probably not, but you never know. But someone's kids will swing on it. Something significant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home