Beauty for Ashes

Sunday, June 27, 2004

God give us grace in the time that we have.

Well today I went to my grandad's church wearing my "Reject Religion Embrace Jesus" shirt. Not one of the people there understood my shirt, but they pretended to. The preacher at one point asked us what we expected to happen in the service, but since the whole service was planned out word for word, minute by minute on the sunday bulletin, it kind of removed the mystery. My siblings and I lowered the average age of the congregation by at least 20 years. Getting old is something to be avoided at all costs. They talk about the most amazingly superficial things. My Grandad and his friends could talk about the recent bout of rainstorms for hours on end, and actually call it a conversation.

The night before I left, Dustin came to my house, I hid out at Mark and Jamie's for awhile, but then headed home. Dustin and I talked until about 2 am mostly about his recent failed marriage. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home