Beauty for Ashes

Monday, October 31, 2005

My Wait for the Several


death cab for cutie's tour bus, outside the disco rodeo. raleigh, nc

I was thinking about everyone asking Jamie how her wait for the "ONE" is going, and how that bothers her a bit, and I realized that no one has ever asked me that. Instead I have to endure this, "so how many ladies are you juggling this week?", or some variation on that. This is always accompanied by the obligatory elbow nudge and wink. And I pretend to count on my fingers and lose track, all the while feeling like a complete idiot. So, then I quickly make myself scarce. Old people are puzzling to say the least, they feel the need to talk to me, to relate to me so they choose that. Mainly, I think, because they're too tired to think of anything else. So of course I go away thinking of the actual number of girls I'm juggling this week and for some reason wish it were one more. But then again patience something I've never learned.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home