Beauty for Ashes

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Into Words


charleston sc

A few days ago, I was on the phone with Jamie discussing the latest amazing episode of The Office, and we were both agreeing about how much we both dislike Roy, and Jamie began to tell me about an X-Files episode she saw where David Denman (Roy) guest stars. A large mushroom, or something, on or around Brown Mountain NC apparently eats him; obviously this is a wonderful thing. Finally a chance to see the hated Roy get his due. So of course we promise to watch said amazing episode upon my next visit.
Now, I have recently discovered that the X-Files come on every weekday at 5 on Sci Fi, so naturally I have been watching them. I was just getting overly excited at the beginning of yet another glorious episode when I recognized Roy. My first thought was, oh sweet! It’s that episode Jamie told me about! I quickly felt puzzled, why don’t I feel like watching this? I realized that I had no desire to watch this episode without Jamie, so I turned the TV off. And though I have watched several other episodes since, I have realized that the X-Files, to me, are much more than aliens, vampires, and a frustratingly wonderful love story, it’s comfort. It seems that, no matter what life’s throwing at me, no matter what I’m going through, when I’m on Jamie’s couch watching something ridiculous, its ok. It’s like watching Garden State when you’re depressed. It just makes you feel better, and you’re not entirely sure why. This is something I’ve always known, and felt, but it’s good to put things into words sometimes. So, Jamie, when I see you again, our plans are set, as if that needed to be said…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home