Beauty for Ashes

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Dave


Three years ago when I thought about where I was going to go to college Appalachian State University was barely even a consideration. I figured I’d go here if all else failed. Well, all else failed. And now I am so incredibly grateful. One of the reasons is David Balmer. In some ways Dave and I are complete opposites, for instance, he is as black as a white person can be whereas I am about as white as a white person can be. And as a general rule our musical tastes reflect this difference. All though Dave has recently downloaded some Death Cab and Bright Eyes, we’ll make an emo kid of him yet. Never happen. Anyway, This guy has been such a blessing to me, and a leader. I don’t think I have ever met someone his age with the kind of leadership ability he has. It blows me away, and even though he does teach a leadership class, I learn by just watching him. And I can tell you one thing, David Balmer is going to be one heck of an amazing dad, and watch out ladies, he wants three kids by thirty. But seriously, his kids are extremely blessed. And so am I, I feel like we’ve just started to make memories, and the memories we have are so so good. I am seriously looking forward to living with this guy next year; we are going to have the most fun, and sweet tea. I’m sorry if this kind of incoherent, there’s so much I could say, but it’s hard to choose. I guess I should say this, that Dave has a heart for God, and for his people like no one I have ever seen, and it’s so plainly visible in him that anyone can see it. That’s good stuff. And, less seriously Dave is so much fun, he is full of joy, and will laugh like you wouldn’t believe at just about anything. So, needless to say he’s a blast to be around. And he’s a very faithful friend, oh yes, and I’m really, really glad.

2 Comments:

  • Cool blog!! David is cute!! I will keep this site on my list of favorites.-Rene'(redrene.blogspot.com)

    By Blogger rene, at 1:17 PM  

  • I am so crying right now Dave... What an honor. To have you as my friend is a privilage that I thank God for daily. And though we are in many ways different the bond of brotherhood that has, is, and will be building between us is surrounded by the Love of the Father. I love you man. FO REAL! ;) Fall 06 can't get here fast enough.... fun times indeed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home