Beauty for Ashes

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

you are the smell before rain, you are the blood in my veins


I have finally found a song that when I heard it for the first time, I thought, wow I'm going to dance to this with my bride on our wedding day. The song was written by John Lennon, and performed by Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello, that's right, The Postal Service. The song is called "Grow Old WIth Me", but good luck finding it. It isn't on iTunes, and it took me all day to find it otherwise. But anyway I simply love it because it's clear to me when I listen to it, either the original or the Postal Service cover, that John Lennon really loved Yoko Ono. Even though I find her very very creepy, and I don't think she loved him back, at least not in the same way. He at least really loved her, and it comes through in this song. This was also the last song he wrote before he was murdered. Now, dwell on the irony...

1 Comments:

  • found it, it took about 5 min through limewire.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home