Beauty for Ashes

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunrise Highway


This life can break you down, but it's all we have for now. Lately life has been hard for me, and once again it's the constant struggle to be ok. To know in my heart that God has me safely. Trusting is just so hard to do when people let you down, it's so hard to allow yourself to be vulnerable, te feel the way you feel no matter what it is. To be ok in the place where you are, this has been a common theme for me recently. I just want to be alright with who I am, and where I am. But that seems so impossible when what I am is hurt. Trying to find God's love, and the safety that is in knowing that God;s ability to fufill his purposes in my life is so much greater than my ability to screw it up. I want to learn to be vulnerable, to leave myself unprotected. Because no matter how tough your defenses are, you're still going to get hurt, and the only thing that those defenses will really keep out is love. So why not be vulnerable? I'm going to be hurt either way, and I don't care I just want the life that is there for me. I'm not sure i know how to do it, but that's ok I don't think I really need to. This has been a stream of thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home