Beauty for Ashes

Monday, November 01, 2004

The Dragon Flies Wings


Homecoming
Originally uploaded by Realistical.
Well this weekend saw my first high school dance, now that I'm in college. It was much like I imagined it would be, there was the obligatory bowls of punch, people standing around trying to look cool, and roaming principals. I especailly enjoyed watching the dateless guys dancing with each other in circles, it made me very, very, glad that I had a date. We sat out most of the songs on account of there being rap. They only played one white person song the whole night. Oh well, we danced to the slower R&B type stuff, then Nora Jones, and later in the parking lot we danced to Such Great Heights cover by Iron & Wine. It was a wonderful evening. The kind of evening that makes you realize how wonderfully blessed you are to be an American teenager, and how wonderful life can be. I was praying that they'd play Forever Young, but I was sadly disappointed. I encourage you all to go to at least one high school dance before you're to old. So I had an amazing weekend despite the Panthers sixth loss of the season, which I find quite stressfull. God's just been blessing me beyond my wildest dreams for the past year and he's showing no signs of letting up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home