Beauty for Ashes

Monday, February 14, 2005

Another Day in Paradise

Ah, Valentines Day. An enormously fat kid stands on a street corner wearing a suit. He's smoking a cigarette and holding a single wilted rose. Undoubtedly waiting for his girl. I came home this weekend and had a fantastic time. Jamie and I watched a hillarious old UFO video. No we aren't to weird about it, we just like watching the people mostly. Then Saturday Lauren and I went to an old Civil War ball in the basement of the Kernersville Library. It was the most fun I've had in a while. I have long felt about dancing the same way I felt about girls when I was 6. I had no use for it. I have grown up again. It was incredibly fun, and next year we're bringing as many of you guys as we can. I wore a Confederate soldier uniform complete with sword, and Lauren wore a beautiful dress with a big hoop skirt, which I repeatedly stepped on. After the dance, we made the rounds of places we wanted to show up wearing our stuff. (Pictures will come later). We had a wonderful time. Sunday we had our Valentines Day, I got her roses, very original, and we spent the day together. So, I drove back last night, watching the lights reflecting off the rain slicked pavement, listening to the constant thump thump of the windshield wipers.. Listened to U2 and listened to Copeland, talked to Lauren and talked to God. So here I am in Boone, my first Valentines Day with a Valentine, and I don't get to see her. Oh well, I have my Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home