Beauty for Ashes

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A Picture is Worth...

It is my belief that the purpose of life is to worship God, and to bring him glory. With that said, a lot of the things I do are quite the opposite of that. However, many things that we do bring him glory just because he loves us. For me, I like to think I bring him glory through my photography. There are many things that fascinate me about photography, color, contrast, mood, tone, but mostly the human subjects. So, needless to say I love it. That's not to say that my photography's good, that doesn't matter. For instance, the Bible says to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. It doesn't say make a beautiful noise, or even a nice noise. Just a joyful one. My dad is very fond of pointing that one out. So in the same manner, I want to take "joyful" pictures unto the Lord. Whether the pictures are good or not are in the eye of the beholder. But they bring glory to God because I enjoy taking them. I love that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home