Beauty for Ashes

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Legacy We'll Leave, The Lives We'll Take, The Difference We'll Make...

I want to be the kind of dad that has a million cool stories for his kids. My parents have a few good ones. I rememeber saying, "that's awesome dad, you got smashed at an Eric Clapton concert!!", that's a pretty cool one. And, mom saw Steve Miller which is pretty sweet. But I want more than that, I want to be able to look back on these years and say that I didn't waste my youth. I want my kid to say, "wow dad, you saw Taking Back Sunday?" I want to tell him how I once drove 700 miles just to see Brand New. I want to do so much crazy stuff that only kids do. I want to drive across the country to ride some rollercoasters. I want to spend a week living in my car. I want to be able to tell my kids how I was crazy once. How I lived the dream of being young. I want to teach them what I learned. All my stories will be sober stories. Most of all I want to be able to tell them, this is what Jesus was doing in 2005, when I was 19. This is what we did back then. This is the difference we made. This is how God used us. I want to be able to tell them how Appalachain State was different because we let Jesus use us here. Mostly I just can't wait to be a dad. But for now I'm going to just keep on making stories to tell them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home