Beauty for Ashes

Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Young and Aspiring

Well this has been the most wonderful weekend I've had in a long time. Brian, Jacob, Jessie, and Lauren came up on Thursday, and in less than an hour we had attracted the attention of law enforcement. We got caught climbing the old Fire Tower. The sheriff was cool though, he just told us not to do it again. It was a weekend filled with wonders, small and large. Lauren and I met with Darrel (the pastor of Living Waters), to pray and break some strongholds. God was just there. He is so good it just blows my mind. Then Friday night we danced the night away at a Barn dance. As it turns out, I LOVE to dance. It is so much fun. We had a wonderful time. We pretty much hung out with this group all weekend, Brian, Jacob, Jonathan, Britty, Jonathan's Lauren, my Lauren, Jessie, Marshall, other Jonathan, Neil, April, Matt, and probaly a few I forgot. On Saturday we were all just hanging around Jonathan's place and trying to figure out something to do, when Jonathan stepped up and said that we needed to worship. So, Marsh played guitar and Jonathan got on the djembe and we just worshipped for awhile. Then Jonathan began to speak on how we need to really just seek God more as a group so that we can come closer to God. And the closer we get to God, the closer we will get to each other. We all prayed for Jonathan, and started interceding for the nations. It was some of the best "God time" I've had in awile, and it was because it was just us. And everything Jonathan said really touched me. Anyway, that night we just watched the games Carolina won, which is always wonderful. Oh and by the way, it snowed 6 inches on Saturday. We had snow cream like at the Daniels, and it just made me feel good.and It was so beautiful even though I thought I was tired of snow, it never ceases to make me watch it. So the roads were a little iffy, but we were all fine. So, anyway we went to church on Sunday and all I could think about was how blessed I am.

There was something that happened this weekend that I am having a hard time dealing with. On Saturday i got a phone call asking me to pray for Phillip Schrum who had been hit by a car while jogging. Phillip has been a pretty good friend of mine for a long time, and I'm even better friends with his sister. well, after church on Sunday, we learned that Phillip had passed during the night. I just can't stop thinking of how last Monday, I was invited to go play frisbee golf with Phillip, and I stayed home to work on my car. If I had only known that was my last chance to see Phillip alive.

Isaiah 57:1-2
The righteous perishes; And no man takes it to heart:
Merciful men are taken away, While no one considers,
That the righteous is taken away from evil.
He shall enter into peace; They shall rest in their beds.
Each one walking in his uprightness.

Phillip is in heaven now, please pray for his family.
http://obit.memorialobituaries.com/obit_display.cgi?id=204251&clientid=cumbyfuneral

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home