Beauty for Ashes

Monday, February 20, 2006

A Movie Script Ending


The first hint that this weekend was going to be even better than it would seem really came Saturday morning. We were standing in the ruin of an old church that was burned down by the British in 1776 laying hands on, and praying for the director of the movie. He wept on his knees, and the place filled with the Spirit of God, and a sense of the destiny that had brought us all to this place. The day continued in similar fashion, with the filming of the battle scene. I felt like the set photographer, as the two cameras around my neck made everyone think I was supposed to be there. This resulted in around 400 pictures for the weekend. I got to meet, and hang out with all sorts of actors, my favorites being, the guy who played the drill sergeant in Forrest Gump, and his wife who played Bubba’s mom. They prayed for us. There was also Hillary, who has some lead part on One Tree Hill, although I have never seen the show, and the guy who played on JAG.
Anyway, it was one of those weekends where everything is happening so fast that you hardly have time to stop and think about it. But then it catches up to you, and you think, oh my god, what am I doing here? So, there is really too much to say to write it all here, so I’ll tell you about it if you ask. What a weekend. I am again struck with awe at the strangeness, and craziness of my life, and the places that I am continually finding myself. The places God takes me. Where will it be next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home