Beauty for Ashes

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Bing


So here is John Bingham, the next one up on my friends series. I don’t know if he will remember this, but he was the very first friend I ever had in school. It was Miss Bohanon’s second grade class back in 1993. We would sit across from each other at lunch every day, and I thought he had the coolest socks for some reason. Wow, what a blessing that 13 years later we’re still best friends, with no end in sight.
Especially these past few years, beginning with our junior year of high school, I have been blessed to watch John grow into a true man of God, I can truly say I am astonished and just taken a back at the heart of God that resides in John Bingham.
Now that we are both in college, he at Liberty, I at Appalachia, we don’t get to skip class, or go to the Y, or take a group poop like we used to. But that makes the time we do get to spend together, like over New Years in Myrtle Beach, all that much more special. And it makes me truly appreciate the friend that God has blessed me with in John Bingham. The most comforting thing is knowing that 50 years from now, when we’re both grandfathers, we’ll still be best friends, and we’ll be old and senile together. Making jokes that no one else understands, making the dumbest threats, which we don’t mean at all. Perhaps the biggest compliment I can pay to Bingham is that instead of thinking about whether or not he deserves a girl, I think about whether she deserves him. Yeah, he’s that good a man. So Bing, I’ll see you in a few weeks for Spring Break, until then, love you man.

2 Comments:

  • Burble, Burble, Burble- dude I don't even know what to say man. I am so so soo blessed to have you as a friend- I thank God for putting you in my life- I wouldn't be the person I am today if I didn't have the friends that I do. Dude- I know you were scared of me EVERY Single time! I made a threat. haha. OH C'mon! just admit it man- but anyway I really miss you guys and can't wait to see you whenever that is- hopefully this spring break- I love you bunchly and muchly as well. group poop haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • I love John Bingham!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home