Beauty for Ashes

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Is the world worth saving, Batman

I'm very very encouraged. I was really, really needing to worship. When I don't worship much for awhile I get all kinda depressed and stuff. Even though we had worship in church Sunday I still was feeling down on Tuesday, which was also the first day of classes. My classes went well, I think it'll be easier here than at Wesleyan. Anyway, Marshall called me while I was eating and told me that they were having worship in a rock club named Legends which is next door to my dorm. So that was good and then we left with Schrum, Will, and some other people who were really cool. Especially this kid named Seth who lived in Moscow for 9 years, and seems to be a pretty strong Christian. So we were all going to the Student Union to eat probably 8 of us, and there's this other worship band playing outside the Student Union in the heart of the ASU campus, so we started worshipping again and it was awesome. Then we went and ate and played pool for awhile. So God has really taken care of us here. He knows how much we need to worship him, and he just takes care of us. So Marshall and I were extremly encouraged when we got back to our humble abode, (it's actually amazingly humble, it's practically groveling.) It is so obvious to me that the whole purpose of human existence is to bring glory to God, and it's so easy to do it. When I'm not doing it I feel utterly useless. When we just live our lives and love people he is glorified, when we just do what we're supposed to be doing it glorifies him, and when you really realize this it'll make you want to glorify him more. I'm so glad that I don't have this view that I have to figure out what I want to be as soon as possible, because frankly I don't care what I do for money, because that doesn't matter. I am sooooooo glad that doesn't matter. It's one of the most liberating truths out there. Anyway I don't know how much sense this has made, but basically God is faithfull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home