Beauty for Ashes

Sunday, December 05, 2004

What Difference Does This Difference in Age Make?

So I'm here in my dorm, slept through church. Nothing has really happened in awhile, not since my birthday, just school and lots of it. I can't wait to come home again for Christmas, what a Christmas this will be. Round about the twenty-eighth I am going to move in with Stephen and whoever else wants to live in the house. Before Christmas will be a constant line up of late nights, bon fires, a trip to tanglewood, and who knows what else. Going to the Helser's on Thursday, gonna worship my King. I'm gonna try to kick my family out of my house some night, or at least banish them to the houses farthest reaches. For some fireplace time. What a Christmas this will be. Close to a month with the best friends anyone could ever ask for. It will be a preview of this summer, this will be the summer of love and road trips. As you can see, I'm thinking alot about stuff to look forward to because I have exams next week. Oh well, some people (parents) seem to think being young is about school, and getttng good grades, and having lots of extracuricular "activities". These things are definitely important, but being young is about being stupid, getting hurt, sleeping on floors or in cars, ending up in the weirdest places and situations with your friends, lying on Camaro hoods in Home Depot parking lots at 2am, working things out on the phone, tackling people you know won't mind, fireworks, everything, having the time of your life. At least that's what I think. That's what I'm doing, and I won't stop until I'm old, but that's ok because when I'm old I'll have kids and I can teach them what I've learned about life, sports, guns, girls, and Jesus. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home