Beauty for Ashes

Monday, November 22, 2004

Love According To John, Paul, George, and the Ugly One (Ringo)

Well last night as I was once again sailing back to hell after a weekend in heaven, I was listening to the Beatles. I realized that the Beatles have a curious habit of being totally unenthusiastic. Perhaps this stems from their Englishness, but whatever the cause it's a bit interesting. What am I talking about? Well, most of their songs are about love, naturally, and they say things like, "she says she loves you, and you know that can't be bad", how 'bout, "she says she loves you, and that's the most wonderful thing in the world"? Then there's, "when I get home to you, I find the things that you do, they make me feel alright" and "when I get you alone you know I feel ok". I just think there could be a little more emotion in there. "I'm in love with her and I feel fine", hmm, "she's in love with me and I feel fine"? Well anyways, you get the point, and I'm not really serious at all. I love the Beatles except Ringo, and John and Yoko creep me out. This is what I think about while I'm driving by myself for hours on end. At the moment I'm procrastinating, and doing a good job. But I guess I should probably do some school work or something. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, which is any kind of work, or anything remotely difficult, stay classy, home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home